- This policy applies to The Disability Benefit Group which is referred to as DBG. At DBG the security and integrity of our clients personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our clients
- DBG privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- DBG has in place privacy and security practices to safeguard our clients personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis. Additionally, DBG’s employees receive privacy training and must comply with DBG privacy practices as a condition of employment.
- Personal information collected by DBG is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, birth date and social insurance number.
At DBG, we collect clients information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide a positive clients experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for services;
- To understand clients requirements
- To manage and develop DBG business and operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- To perform the services required by our clients
- DBG does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. DBG retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- DBG informs clients of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
- DBG ensures that clients information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Clients can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
- A senior company officer has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at DBG. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at DBG. You may contact the Privacy Officer by mail at:
Chief Privacy Officer
The Disability Benefit Group
P.O. Box 818